Terms & Conditions
Disclaimer & legal notice
You should read these terms and conditions carefully and understand the same. By accessing this website (Site) and any pages thereof, you are deemed to have accepted the terms & conditions of the Site and you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as detailed below. If you do not agree to the terms of the Site as below, please do not access the Site or any pages thereof.
The information and materials contained in this Site including the terms and conditions are subject to change. National Bank of Bahrain (NBB or Bank), on a best effort basis, will try to ensure that all the information and material in the Site are current and up-to-date. However, please note that NBB is not obliged to provide all the products, services and information available on this Site at all times and in all geographic areas. The products and material contained in this Site are not obligations of or guaranteed by NBB.
Products and services referred to in this Site are offered only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by NBB. The materials on these pages are not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions that restrict the distribution of such materials by us. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about and observe any relevant restrictions.
Responsibilities of the Bank
- The Bank has the right to discontinue or suspend the Site and the Bank may do this immediately for regulatory, legal or any reason.
- The Bank shall not accept any responsibility for, and will not be liable for, any damages to, or any viruses which may affect the customers’ computer equipment or other property on account of his access to, use of, or downloading from, this Site.
No WarrantyWhile every care has been taken in preparing the information and materials contained in this Site, such information and materials are provided to you by NBB "as is" , “as available” basis without warranty of any kind either express or implied. NBB does not warrant the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information provided on the Site and expressly disclaims liability for any errors and /or omissions in the information provided. No warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose is given by NBB in relation to the information and materials contained herein. NBB does not provide guarantee that the Site is free of computer viruses or other malafide code and or any other malwares.
Limitation of liabilityIn no event will NBB be liable for any damages including without limitation direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this Site or the use thereof or inability to use the Site or any of its pages by any party, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission, computer virus/es or line or system failure. NBB be not be liable for any damages for the above reasons even if NBB or its representatives are advised of the possibility of such losses, damages or expenses. You agree that you will use hyperlinks on the Site, if any, at your own risk; the contents, accuracy, opinions expressed and other links provided by these resources are not checked, verified, monitored or endorsed by NBB.
SecurityNBB will use best practices to ensure that the Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under the Bank’s control. The security of your information is very important for us and multiple types of security measures have been put in place for your protection. However, the Internet is susceptible to a number of frauds, misuses, hacking and other actions and you understand and agree that there cannot be any guarantee from such Internet frauds, hacking and other actions.
Responsibilities of the User
- You will comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations in the use of the Site provided by the Bank. This includes complying with any or all laws of Bahrain as well as countries other than Bahrain which are relevant to your use of the Site.
- You agree not to:
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment used by the Site;
- spam or flood the Site;
- modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site or the software used in connection with the Site;
- remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Site;
- "frame" or "mirror" any part of the Site without the Bank’s prior written authorization
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine", or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site;
- otherwise interfere with or disrupt the servers or networks connected to the Site, or violate these Terms and Conditions or any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of the Site or of any networks connected to the Site;
- use the Site in a manner that would: (i) infringe any third party copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items; (iii) violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising); (iv) be false, misleading, or inaccurate; (v) create liability for the Bank or Bank’s service providers; (vi) be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing;
- gain access or attempt to gain access to any information, software or data on the Bank’s or the Bank service providers' servers or otherwise within their control which is encrypted, protected by security procedures or devices or otherwise not generally made available to the public;
- You acknowledge that there are separate terms and conditions for the products which are displayed on the Site, including but not limited to the terms & conditions of NBB usage and that these terms and conditions can be requested from any of the Bank’s branches. The Terms & Conditions for the Site must be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions applicable for the individual products that are displayed on this Site. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the individual products as well as the Terms & Conditions of this Site.
- You agree that by making the Site available to you, the Bank is not indicating that it recommends or endorses any retailers, nor does the Bank verify their identity.
- The technology for the Service offered by the Bank could be affected by virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, program or macro. It may also be possible that the site of the Bank may require maintenance and during such time it may not be possible to access the Site. You understand and acknowledge that the Bank disclaims all and any liability, arising out of any failure or inability by the Bank to allow access to the Site.
- By accepting these Terms and Conditions you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Bank and its service providers from and against any and all third party claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to any breach or alleged breach by you of this Agreement.
Information provided on or through the Site
Information submitted by the user to or through this Site, if any, shall be deemed to become the property of NBB and NBB shall be free to use this information in any way considered appropriate by NBB. NBB shall not be under any obligations of confidentiality regarding any such information that is submitted on or through this Site, except unless agreed between NBB and the provider of the information in writing or as otherwise specifically agreed or required by Law.
Copyright of the entire Site and the pages thereof and the information and material contained in the Site and its pages are owned by NBB. If any images or trademarks of third parties are denoted or displayed, these are owned by the respective parties, companies or their representatives. The materials on this Site are protected by copyright and no part of such materials may be modified, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted (in any form or by any means), copied, distributed, used for creating derivative works or used in any other way for commercial or public purposes without our prior written consent. You may not:
- modify or copy the materials except as otherwise provided;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
The information and content provided on this Site and any page thereof is intended for informational purposes, not as an offer to sell or any other solicitation. The information contained in these pages is not intended to provide professional advice or any recommendation and should not be relied upon in that regard. Persons accessing these pages are advised to obtain appropriate professional advice when necessary.
Site Modification or Termination
NBB may modify the features, content and functionality of its Site or terminate the Site and any/all of its pages entirely at any time without prior notice, at the sole discretion of NBB.
Modifications of the Terms & Conditions
NBB may revise these Terms at any time with 30 days notice through the Site or through any other communication channel deemed appropriate by NBB. By using the Site you are agreeing to be bound by the current version of these Terms. Any modifications to these terms shall be effective as of the date posted. These Terms & Conditions shall be subject to the applicable laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain and all disputes shall be referred to the Courts of Bahrain.
COPYRIGHT © NBB 2017. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.